SAP Field Service Management
A positive customer experience is having more and more impact on the success of a business. Before, during and after a purchase, customers expect excellent service across all channels, and especially from field service. This is why how well the service organization is aligned with customer needs strongly determines the success of all customer-related activities. A seamless service experience and good support during the entire customer relationship ensure highly satisfied customers.
In 2018, SAP introduced SAP C/4HANA, the fourth generation CRM and front office suite. This suite provides a unified view of one customer across various solutions. SAP C/4HANA seamlessly supports all customer-related front office activities, while the SAP Service Cloud, as a component of SAP C/4HANA, consistently supports all service-related business models.
SAP Field Service Management (formerly Coresystems) represents a core component of the SAP Service Cloud. It supports OEMs and service providers in ensuring outstanding service, thereby adding customer value.
SAP Field Service Management (FSM) lets you identify available resources while providing your field service staff with the required knowledge and keeping them up to date, anywhere and anytime – online and offline. What is more, it lets you scale the service team in line with clients’ requirements.
This is a highly powerful, extremely user-friendlyand mobile solution. You can plan and schedule the deployment of service technicians and optimizethe field service organization – in various industries such as discrete manufacturing, construction, energy supply, public utilities, healthcare and medicine, and air conditioning.
The major components are AI-supported Workforce Management for personnel and deployment planning, Field Service Mobility for supporting field service technicians, Customer Self Service for swift communication with the customer, and remote services as well as the Crowd Service for the integration of resources from outside your organization.
Workforce Management enables automated personnel allocation and deployment planning in real time – for your own staff members and for Crowd Service. In this way you can assign available resources efficiently, boosting productivity while minimizing costs.
- Drag-and-drop interface
- AI-based resource scheduling
- Skills management
- Map view for route planning and determining the location of service staff
- Histograms for planning service and installation projects
Field Service Mobility
During travel, Field Service Mobility supports your service technicians via iOS, Android and Windows Apps compatible with various mobile devices. The mobile applications offer an extensive overview of all service-relevant information such as orders, customers, contacts, installed machines and service history.
In this way your technicians can access all essential information anytime during travel – online and offline. Working in real time saves valuable time.
- Mobile access to all information required for field service
- Mapping and GPS tracking
- Configurable checklists for recording data such as plant inspection and performance data and compliance with safety regulations.
- Feedback on time, material and costs
- Electronic signature and recording of customer feedback
Customer Self Service
The customer portal provides your customers with a number of self-service options, enabling them to reserve a service appointment online.
Using QR codes, the customer can swiftly send product or equipment information to your service department. Your technicians are then ideally prepared for the customer appointment.
- Self-service portal for error messages, remote service, planning and tracking
- Display of the service history including guarantee information, technical product data, and other important information
- Interactive dialog (AI chatbot) for diagnosing and solving problems
- Access to relevant product or service information
- Real-time messaging, e.g. to advise of a technician’s arrival time
With the Crowd Service solution, you can build an extended pool of techniciansthat includes staff members, partners and freelancers.
To respond in real time, the critical factor is often the availability of service technicians. In a pool of “crowd workers”, there is always someone with the appropriate skills available for deployment.
Using powerful AI tools, you can plan the service requirements in real time. Technicians receive their orders promptly via the mobile application and may even be able to complete the job using their mobile devices.
- Configurable registration platform for partners and freelancers participating in Crowd Service
- Intelligent planning and selection of qualified technicians according to expertise, location and availability
- Defined time slot for the crowd worker to accept or reject an order
The FSM Cloud platform supports the smooth flow and exchange of information even in organizations with complex structures. Deep integration and consistent processes enhance service efficiency considerably – from order entry in ERP / CRM and service processing in SAP FSM to invoicing in SAP ERP.
SAP Field Service Management is made available in the SAP Service Cloud as an SaaS application, and offers the very same features offline in all mobile applications.
proaxia’s FSM Cloud Connector ensures coordinated processes between SAP Service Cloud and the SAP ERP suites. It is the key component for deep integration of SAP FSM with SAP ECC and SAP S/4HANA.
The Cloud Connector fulfills the complex task of integrating a highly standardized cloud solution with highly customized ERP solutions. It can be adapted flexibly and ensures seamless data exchange.
- End-to-end integrated service process
- Process optimization and consistent integration
- More customer satisfaction through a better customer experience
- Enhanced service quality due to real time available information
- Faster service response times through real-time communication
- More efficient service thanks to one consistent process, from deployment planning to invoicing
- Reduced throughput times, from order confirmation to invoicing
- Access to additional resources via Crowd Service
- Added revenue thanks to additional service business
proaxia supports you in evaluating the SAP FSM solution and in implementing and integrating it in your organization.
- Scoping workshops for requirements engineering
- Optimizing and implementing integrated end-to-end service processes
- Consulting and development services for launches and roll-outs
- Integration of the SAP FSM Cloud solution in your system environment (SAP ECC or SAP S/4HANA)
With extensive and outstanding expertise, proaxia supports the integration of the Service Cloud with the ERP suite.
Since 2011 proaxia has been cooperating successfully with Coresystems and has implemented FSM in many customer projects. proaxia’s great achievement in terms of innovation is the FSM Cloud Connector, which integrates the field service solution with SAP ERP. proaxia has thus resolved the complex task of integrating a highly standardized cloud solution with highly customized ERP solutions.
- Strategic development partner for the FSM solution since 2011
- Development of the first Cloud Connector for integrating Coresystems Field Service Management with SAP ECC 6.0
- Implementation partner for all Coresystems FSM installations with SAP integration in production environments
The FSM Cloud Connector is already available for SAP S/4HANA and in successful operation at the first customer site.